Benefits for Carrying Out Internships and Volunteering With Uswebadmin
Benefits for Carrying Out Internships and Volunteering With Us
Be part of a versatile, motivated and well-coordinated team, working to put smiles on the faces of thousands of young people, with an option to get involved at different levels of our programs.
Develop your professionalism and career portfolio, working with some of the best minds to achieve remarkable results towards personal and professional goals.
Be part of an organization working to develop efficient entrepreneurial training systems that will ease job creation and contribute to policymaking in regards to reducing youth unemployment, community crime wave, youth migration, and promoting sustainable peace in Cameroon.
Interns and volunteers at GAICAM are trained on a wide range of activities including:
- Administrative skills
- Executive assistance
- Writing of administrative letters and correspondence
- Writing, planning and implementing projects
- Search and apply for funding opportunities.
- Plan and execute events
- Carryout research
- Learn practical hands on skills
- Work under particular departments and manage other staff
At the end of their stay, they are issued attestations of internship or volunteerism and a recommendation letter when need be.
A typical working week for interns and volunteer is Monday – Friday, working every day from 8am to 5pm, with 1 hour break each day. During weekends, they are free to go about their personal activities, except in situations where we are organizing an event during weekend. On the other hand, those who do not work from our main office will work according to their task from whatever part of the world they might be base.
Types of Volunteers
We accept two types of volunteers: Short-term volunteers and long-term volunteers, between the ages 18 and 40.
Short-term volunteers contribute for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months, unless there is a convincing reason to extend their stay, it cannot be extended. The short-term volunteerism position is aimed at supporting students in search for internship placements, and to allow young job-seekers gain work experience. It is however still open to professionals who are willing to be of help to our course.
Long-term volunteers contribute for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 18 months renewable once. They can be either nationals or foreigners willing to assist in ongoing projects and/or can set up their own projects in direct supervision by GAICAM. The long-term volunteerism opportunity is aimed at giving (inter) national young professionals the chance to gain experience before finding their way into the job market or before making a decision about future studies. It is also suitable for the gap year activity and for professionals who want to help our community through their services and for all those who want to give back something to the world in gratitude for its bounty.
Requirements for International Interns and Volunteers
In regards to international interns and volunteers, their lodging is booked and arranged for before their arrival. They will be picked up upon arrival at the airport, and have a list of hospitals referred to them in case of ill health and at the end of their stay, their flights will be reserved in time and will be accompanied to the airport. We also work in close collaboration with the forces of law and order to ensure their security throughout their stay in Cameroon.
- Interns/volunteers will apply by sending us the following documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A motivation letter, expressing their area of interest, reasons for choosing GAICAM and specifying the desired period of your internship/volunteering.
- A curriculum vitae with at least 2 referees
- 2 recommendation letters from any competent authority or tutor/school administration.
- Applicants should be ready to take care of their transportation, feeding, lodging and stay in Cameroon or while during their stay at GAICAM.
- Applicant (international interns/volunteers) should be able to mobilize funds to implement at least a project in Cameroon.
- Applicants with medical conditions should indicate during the application procedures for appropriate precautions.
Requirements for national Interns and Volunteers
If interested (nationals) to volunteer or carry out an internship with us, send us your CV and motivation letter; expressing your interest, with reasons for choosing GAICAM and specifying the desired period of your internship/volunteering to; email@example.com.